Shipping & Transport
Unless it is specifically mentioned in the item description that shipping is included, it is assumed that the buyer will pick up the vehicle, or will have the vehicle picked up. This also means that the buyer will have to pay any shipping costs.
If the buyer wants to transport the vehicle across the border, it’s important to note that the buyer should check with the government agency before arranging the trip so that specific regulations and requirements are taken into account (e.g. insurance, temporary plates, etc). You may also need to check this with your local authorities.
We strongly advise against a buyer picking up the classic vehicle and immediately driving it long distances without first having it checked by a local dealer.
A number of transport options are available:
- Transport carrier: usually is the less expensive choice but also the slowest
- Tow truck: usually used for short distance transport. Fast delivery, higher prices
- Covered vehicle transport: Very expensive, usually only used for exceptionally old or valuable vehicles
- Trailer: the buyer can attach the vehicle to their own car, if they have the authorization and insurance issued by their country
If the vehicle was damaged during transport, the buyer needs to open a claim with the transport company, providing proof of the claim. It’s generally the responsibility of those who arranged transport to open the claim. As a seller, you can help by providing all the information about the time of pickup. This is why we strongly recommend documenting the entire pickup process.
The vehicle I sold and the shipping is arranged. What are the next steps?
It depends on which country you live in and which country the buyer will be registering the vehicle in. However, the buyer is responsible for pick-up the vehicle.
The buyer will need to check with the relevant government department whether they can cross the border with the car or motorcycle. If it is possible, they’ll also need to ask the local authorities about requirements (e.g. details about insurance, temporary plates and documentation).
You as seller will try to assist the buyer to obtain the needed documents if required. The buyer will need to cover all costs related to pick up.
The Seller can also assist or agree to deliver the vehicle to the Buyer through his own transporter or through our dedicated transporters.
How you can contribute to a smooth pickup or delivery
There are a few things you can do to help make the process as smooth as possible for both you and the buyer.
- Make sure the car or motorcycle is clean and prepared for pickup.
- Deregister the vehicle according the local government rules in place
- Make sure all documents for license registration are compleet
- Put the inventory according advertisement what will be delivered in a box and send it with the transporting company or send it by post with track and trace and a digital copy to the buyer
- Send a digital copy of the vehicle’s documents to the buyer.
- Send a digital copy of the by you signed CMR to the buyer
- Take pictures of the vehicle and a video of the engine running when the shipping company comes to pick it up and. (send a copy to our Customer Service and specify the lot number, that you have delivered the lot)
- Send pictures from the delivery to the buyer.